0800 038 9000

0208 553 5043

If you run a small business or have just started up one, it is important to have the correct small business insurance so that you are adequately covered.

For example, if someone makes a claim against you or the contents of your business premises are damaged or stolen, you need to be insured so you are not left in a financially unstable position.

Public Liability Cover
Public liability cover protects you if a third party person is injured, or third party property is damaged as a direct result of your business activities on your premises.

For example, if you run a café and a customer trips over a cable from a vacuum cleaner and breaks their arm as a result of tripping over. The customer would be within their rights to claim for compensation because of the injury they have suffered on your premises.

Having public liability cover means that things like medical costs and legal fees are covered so you don’t have to pay out of your pocket. Another example would be if a letter from your sign dropped onto and damaged someone’s car, they would be able to claim against for damages to their car. Public liability cover would ensure that all related fees would be covered.

Employers Liability Cover
Employers’ liability cover is a legal requirement if you are employing people to work for you. It will protect you if an employee becomes ill or is injured as a direct result of working for you and makes a claim against your business.

The same applies to ex-employees who have been injured or become ill as a direct result of working for you. Employers’ liability cover will, like public liability cover, protect you from paying for medical costs and legal fees out of your pocket.

Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional indemnity insurance will cover you if a client believes there are problems with the work you have done for them and wants to claim against you for compensation. A client may also claim against you if they believe you have given them advice which has subsequently lost them money.

Professional indemnity insurance is recommended for architects, accountants, IT, business and financial consultants, engineers, journalists and builders in general.

Deciding how much Small Business Insurance cover you need and which types of cover you need for your business can be complicated.

We, at Trident Insurance will make it easier for you and find you the best Small Business Insurance quote so you don’t need to worry.


Interested in our buildings insurance? Simply fill out the form below to get your bespoke quotation from our team.

Request a Callback

Get In Touch

Please use the contact information provided below to get in touch with our team

0800 038 9000

[email protected]