0800 038 9000

0208 553 5043

Home buildings insurance will cover the cost of incidents to the internal and external structure of your property. This includes the walls, roof, ceilings, doors, floors and windows. (External structures such as fences and garages are also included.)

It also covers permanent fixtures and fittings, internal decoration and pipes, tanks, drains and underground cables for which you are responsible from your house to the nearest mains supply.

If you are the owner with a mortgage, the mortgage will have a condition that your house is insured. Your mortgage lender will make sure that the amount of buildings insurance you have is sufficient to meet the outstanding amount of your mortgage. This will be determined by your mortgage provider’s survey when buying the property.

If you buy or sell a house, responsibility for the buildings insurance passes to the new owner when the contracts are exchanged.

Buying a House?

If you are buying a house, you insure the property from the day the contracts are exchanged. This is because if the house is damaged or destroyed, you will be expected to cover the loss.

Selling your House?

If you are selling your house, you have a legal responsibility to look after the property until the sale is completed, and you should, therefore, keep on your buildings insurance until then.

Getting Repossessed?

In the unfortunate event that your mortgage lender repossesses your home, you are still responsible for the buildings insurance until it is sold. You may find that your insurance policy will no longer cover you if you are not living in the property. You should explain the circumstances to your insurer so that they can change the terms of your policy. However, they may want assurances that someone, for example, a neighbour is watching over the property while it is empty.

What is covered?

The following factors are usually covered by Budilings Insurance:

  • Impact by vehicles or aircraft
  • Bad weather, including Flooding, storms and lightning
  • Aerials, falling trees, lampposts or external satellite equipment.
  • Fire
  • Subsidence
  • Explosion
  • Bursting or freezing of the plumbing system
  • Earthquakes
  • Malicious damage or vandalism
  • Theft or attempted theft

Finding home buildings insurance that will adequately cover you can be complicated. We, at Trident Business Insurance, will make it easier for you and find you the best quote so you don’t need to worry.


Interested in our buildings insurance? Simply fill out the form below to get your bespoke quotation from our team.

Request a Callback

Get In Touch

Please use the contact information provided below to get in touch with our team

0800 038 9000

[email protected]